Application details for International Students.
Moore College of Art & Design welcomes international women from around the world to pursue their education in the visual arts here in the City of Philadelphia. The creative perspectives and diversity of our growing, international student body are valued by Moore’s vibrant community.
If you have questions about International Admissions contact our International Admissions Coordinator, Emma Irvin: email@example.com / +1-215-965-4020
International Application Requirements:
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English, must provide official proof of English language proficiency. Students are encouraged to register for exams as early as possible and re-take exams if needed; multiple exam reports may be submitted. The following are acceptable forms of documentation:
- Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-based test score: 79 Written-based test score: 550 Computer-based test score: 213
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Band score of 6.5
- SAT: minimum critical reading score of 500
- For Transfer applicants - completion of two consecutive semesters of college-level English composition (for example ENG 101 and ENG 102) with a grade of “C” or above in each class, taken at an accredited U.S. college or university.
Moore’s institution code for TOEFL & SAT: 2417
International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit
- Moore College of Art & Design may award a maximum of 3.0 studio elective IB credits and a maximum of 9.0 liberal art IB credits.
- Regarding studio credits, the College may award 3.0 credits if a student receives a score of 7 on the Standard Level examination, or 3.0 credits for a score of 4 or better on the Higher Level examination.
- Regarding liberal art credits, the College may award 3.0 credits per applicable exam if a student receives a score of 4 or better on a Higher Level examination.
- No Standard Level examinations will be considered for liberal arts transfer.
- Moore College of Art & Design may award 3.0 credits toward the liberal arts requirement for any CEEB Advanced Placement Examination in English, Art History or History with a score of 4 or better.
- In addition, a maximum of 3.0 credits from AP studio art may be awarded with a score of 4 or better. These credits may be transferred in as a studio elective.
- An official report of scores must be submitted to Moore directly from the College Board, Advanced Placement Program, Princeton, NJ.
- Students are notified of AP credits awarded prior to registration.
Tuition and Scholarship
For more information about International Admissions, please contact:
Emma Irvin, Admissions Counselor & International Admissions Coordinator
Moore College of Art & Design
20th Street and The Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103