Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
Heather Ujiie, adjunct professor of Fine Arts (textiles), Fashion Design and Interior Design, is the recipient of The Franz and Virginia Bader Fund grant. The grant is awarded to visual artists over 40 who live within 150 miles of Washington, D.C. The $15,000 grant enables recipients to concentrate on their artwork.
- The deadline is December 19, 2015 for Fashion Design alumnae to apply for the 2015 residency in the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator program at Macy's Center City. Read a story about a former Designer-in-Residence and find out how to apply here
- Colleen Moretz, adjunct faculty of Fashion Design, co-produced this year’s ITAA Annual Conference Fashion Show and Competition held in Charlotte, NC on November 15, 2014. There were 160 designs in the show and over 400 people in attendance. The theme for this year’s conference was Strengthening the Fabric of our Profession, Association, Legacy and Friendships.
- 100% of 2013 Fashion Design graduates are employed, 100%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Helga Gardner, a senior fashion design student, designed a ribbon that was chosen by May Arts to be manufactured for their Fall/Winter 2014 new releases. May Arts is the leading supplier of superior quality ribbon, serving a variety of merchants from large retail outlets to home-based businesses. May Arts partnered with Moore last summer on a design collaboration with students in Linda Wisner’s class.
- Dom Streater '10, Season 12 winner of "Project Runway" was featured in an article on philly.com about her New York Fashion Week collection.
- Carrie Morrissey '04 has been recently featured in international magazines, Elle and just this week in the NY Post! Her line of accessories, I Still Love You NYC, has been picked up by DKNY (ISLYNYC for DKNY) and featured in fashion week. She is paving her own creative path and building a small (for now) fashion empire from her studio in Brooklyn.
- Congratulations to Victoria Wright '12 who has been chosen to begin her twelve-month residency as the 2014 Designers-in-Residence at the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy's Center City.
- Deborah Artaza ‘ 12 was contacted by Award winning documentary director Davis Guggenheim's Production team to be featured in his latest documentary. The story is about the large number of the American population who lives their lives outside of traditional banking. She started a growing a business on a prepaid credit card. The film crew shadowing her everyday as a independent small business owner (DEBIL, all leather, handmade handbags made in the US) for a few days. The film sponsor AMEX, will be showing a short trailer in which she is featured at South by South West Film Festival. Here are links to her campaign bit.ly/DEBIL , of the full film bit.ly/TYT and the short version of her story bit.ly/SpentDA