Founded in 1848 as the Philadelphia School of Design for Women
Became Moore College of Art & Design in 1989 *
Educating women for careers in art and design for over 160 years
20th Street and The Parkway in Philadelphia in the heart of the City’s Parkway Museums District.
BFA Program for women
Co-educational Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Art Education
Co-educational MFA and MA
Summer Art & Design Institute: Intensive Pre-College Program for high-school women
Young Artists Workshop
Continuing Education offering Certificate Programs
Teachers Summer Institute
BFA Majors – Ten majors leading to a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree
Interactive & Motion Arts beginning Fall 2013
Photography & Digital Arts
Post-Bacc Certificate in Art Education
MA in Art Education with Emphasis in Special Populations
MFA in Interior Design
MFA in Studio Art
The Locks Career Center
Life-long resource for students and alumnae in their professional pursuits throughout their career
Moore is a member of Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design. (AICAD) is a non-profit consortium of 36 leading art schools in the U.S. It was founded in 1991 by a group of 25 presidents who felt a need for the similarly structured art schools to come together so as to mutually develop their schools and programs.
Moore College of Art & Design is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267.284.5000) The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Moore is also an accredited institutional member of the National Association or Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), and is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) and the BFA major in Interior Design is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA formerly known as FIDER).
* Founded in 1848 by Sarah Worthington Peter as The Philadelphia School of Design for Women. The School underwent several name changes over time, and in 1932 became Moore Institute of Art, Science and Industry, renamed for benefactor Joseph Moore who made a bequest of $3 million. In 1989 the College took its current name Moore College of Art & Design.