Complete an application online
This application can be used for the Undergraduate BFA and Post- Baccalaureate programs. For an application checklist, see Admissions Requirements. To receive a catalog and application by mail, click here
POST-BACCALAUREATE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR TEACHING CERTIFICATION IN ART EDUCATION MUST:
- submit an application with an official college transcript(s), portfolio, essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Have an undergraduate degree with 43.5 studio credit hours
- Have earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on their previous college degree
- Have passed two college level English courses (composition and literature) with a C or better.
- 1.5 credits in digital imaging
- 15 credits in Art History with 3 credits in Non-Western Art
After acceptance, Post Baccalaureates meet with the head of the art education department to discuss their intent.
APPLICATION FOR THE TEACHING INTERN CERTIFICATION MAY BE MADE AFTER THE APPLICANT HAS:
- Been accepted into the Post Baccalaureate program
- Located a fulltime teaching position in which the principal or appointed teacher agrees to mentors the Intern and complete PDE 430 evaluation forms
- Passed the Praxis exams. Subjects: Content Knowledge and Art: Content Knowledge
- Completed the first semester with at least a 3.0 GPA.