Individuals who wish to enter the College as a non-matriculating student in the master’s program in Art Education must meet the graduate admissions criteria and submit the following:
- $40.00 application fee
- Proof of a college degree
- Applications for non-matriculating students are available through the Admissions Office. Eligible courses are offered in the summer:
- Curriculum Development (AEGR 605), Contemporary Issues (AEGR 600), Legal Perspectives (AEGR 635)
- Courses in the Interior Design and Studio Art programs may not be taken on a non-matriculating basis.
- Individuals who applied for a graduate degree, and were unable to successfully meet the admissions requirements, are not eligible to enroll as a non-matriculating student.
- Non-matriculating students may enroll up to a cumulative total of 3.0 credit hours in the Art Education master’s program if space is available. Please note that the College cannot guarantee placement into a class. All non-matriculating students must adhere to the following requirements:
- Non-matriculating students must receive written approval from the Graduate Program Manager on a registration form prior to registration for each course. Approval may require a writing sample.
- Non-matriculating students may register for the summer semester courses on a space available basis beginning June 1 but no later than the end of the drop/add period.
- Non-matriculating students must pay a $200.00 non-refundable tuition deposit toward their class.
- If a non-matriculating student is removed from a course because the space is required for a degree student, the tuition and fees will be refunded in full.
- Non-matriculating students must attain and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (grade point average). If a non-matriculating student receives below a 3.0 GPA, the student will not be eligible to register for future courses.
- Non-matriculating students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-matriculating students are not eligible to live in the residence halls.
- Non-matriculating students must complete a health form.*
- International students who plan to attend the College using a student visa (F-1) may not enroll as a non- matriculating student.
- At the conclusion of 3.0 cumulative credits earned as a non-matriculated student, he/she must apply to the graduate program or forfeit any future credits being applied toward the Art Education master’s program, as there is a maximum of 3.0 transfer credits.
*For health forms, see “Health Policies.”