Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
FASHION SHOW 2016
Saturday, May 14 at The Barnes Foundation
Join us for an evening of glamour, fashion and style as our seniors reveal their distinctive collections energized by individual journeys of experimentation and change. The evening will also include an athleisure group entitled "Rapid Response," featuring collections for men and women created by juniors, the always-charming sophomore segment with tween fashions inspired by a 'wild garden' and the dazzling eveningwear finale, which always delights. In tribute to The Barnes Foundation’s exhibition Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change, Fashion Design seniors have researched Picasso's work to create these gowns mirroring his art. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE SHOW & YOUR TICKETS
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Alumna Dom Streater '10 does it again! On May 5 she won Lifetime's "Project Runway All Stars," Season 5 after having won "Project Runway," Season 12 two years ago. Congrats Dom!
- 94% of 2014 Fashion Design graduates are employed, 94%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Watch a video of Fashion Design sophomores's field trip to Century 21 Department Store's E-commerce facility in Secaucus, NJ
- Heather Ujiie, assistant professor of Fashion Design, was featured on WHYY's Articulate with Jim Cotter in January, 2016.
- Alumna and Philadelphia Fashion Incubator Ivy Aristy '10 was recently profiled in Al Dia News
- Alumna Tara Higgins '15 is the winner of the prestigious Educators for Socially Reponsible Apaprel Practices Award for Sustainable Design, Undergraduate Student Level, at the 2015 ITAA Annual Conference. More details here